Bryce - Maple Valley, Washington

Team Work

Team work, everyone on a team or in a group working or playing together, as one in any type of situation. Trust one another, trust your team mates. Knowing who has your back in any type of situation. Pride towards the name of your team and also towards you as a team mate and a contributor. Honor the team during in any state that might occur in the future. Honor yourself, don’t be afraid to act as whom you really are, or where you came from.

Team work is used daily, on any type of subject. But one instant that will remain in my head for years to come, was during a lacrosse at our home field. It was in the middle of the game, we were playing against Lynnwood. Lynnwood had the ball on the offensive side with the possession. And one of their top scores was running down the field with the ball. And he split our defenders in two, and just let go a rocket of a shot. But our goalie saved it like he usually does, but the ball bounced off his stick and went behind the goal. In lacrosse you can chase your shot and get the ball back even if it goes out of bounds, that was what our goalie was trying to do. But another player for Lynnwood was right there waiting for the shot, and he picked it up before our goalie could pick it up. Now our goalie was caught in a pickle, he tried to run back to the goal so that there wouldn’t be an open net. But the player that picked up the ball passed it in front of the net, to his team mate. He caught the ball in one motion and shot it at the same time. I for sure thought the ball would go in, but one of our three defenders stepped in front of the shot and block it from going in the net. As the ball hit the ground our second defender came in a cleared out the crease, meaning running in front of the goal and hitting anyone on the other team there. And then our third and last defender came in and picked up the ball and cleared it to an offensive player on our team. But then all of a sudden our offensive player had a fast break, and he ran down the field, and beat three guys. It looked like he went into a sea of people and then came out flying in the air, and shot the ball, resulting into a perfect bounce shot that hit top left of the goal.

From that moment on I knew our 07 lacrosse team was for real. And finally we have a team that uses team work; it had been many years waiting for this to come. Our team motto can be summed up in three words, Trust, Pride, and Honor we play every game by these three words.