Chanel - eau claire, Wisconsin
Themes: setbacks

This I believe….I believe that I create my own destiny. From teenage pregnancy and drug addictions, this is not who I am but it is how I got to where I am going. From an early age life was kind of crazy, and everyone tried their best to keep it together, but sometimes that just is not enough. At the age of 15 I found myself in 10th grade and pregnant. It did not take long for people to expect for the pregnant girl to drop out of school and be a stay at home mom. I am not sorry to say that I did not fit their stereotype.

I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, gave her to a very loving family, and then I went back to school to finish as a graduate, on time no less. I create my own destiny. Now normally when you graduate high school you either take a year off or just move to the next things usually being collage. Well I took a little longer than that, and took 5 years off. Not the best choice I ever made. In that time I managed to pick up a horrible drug habit with methamphetamine. That alone was the shock of a life time, the girl who doesn’t smoke or drink or even drink caffeine, started doing methamphetamine, but even more so was that I did it for two years before anyone really started to notice. After two years of feeling crazy I found that I was board with my life and going nowhere and so I put myself into treatment. After 10 days they said that was it, and good luck. Of course there were a few relapses, but now that’s over. I have been clean for a little over a year. Now I am twenty-two, married and on my way to a collage degree. So even with a life that doesn’t fit what people would like to think is normal. I have gone through some hell and unfortunately I created most of it myself, but it is because of those bad choices that I made, that I have found who I am going to be, a strong, independent woman, a good wife and a role model for those who I will teach when I am done with school. My experiences help me to give myself and others perspective about where they are and what they can do about it. I started at the bottom in life with not much of a good start. However I knew deep inside of myself that I was better than the choices that I was making, so I stopped and have been working on fixing my life one day at a time because I believe that I create my own destiny.