Randa - El Paso, Texas

I BELIEVE

Many people suppose that education is not for them. They start saying things like, “I don’t need to learn this if I’m going to do this in my future,” or “Since I’m majoring in this, I don’t need this kind of teachings.” I believe that the majority of people in this world need a solid education for whatever they want to do in their future, whether it being a truck driver, or a doctor.

I love to do things on the computer. In my future, I want something that has me being in an office, doing records, or typing information into a computer, something like an “assistant”. During my school years, I wondered if there was a job like that that would pay well, and be a nice job that I would like, where I wouldn’t get bored. My dad told me that this kind of job would be under business. Since my freshman year, I wanted to major in the department of business. I knew that I could do it. I started saying, I don’t need any kind of mathematical teachings to do anything in business. During my senior year, this year, I figured out that I do need math if I wanted to do accounting, or administration, or basically anything under business. Till now, even though I have to improve a lot with my math skills, I still want to major or do something under business.

Many students may be in the same situation. There may be students thinking that one subject is not needed for their major, but later in life, they will figure out that they do need to learn about that one subject. As you can see, there are many jobs where you would think that math, or reading, or whatever it may be, would not be a part of that job. But once you start learning about it and asking about the job, you will hear or read that you do need it even though it doesn’t seem like it would help you.

Having education in your life can make your life more interesting, more fun, and something that you could be happy about. You will never regret it. I believe that whatever you want to do in life, you will need some type of education to help you pursue it.