benjamin - Wernersville, Pennsylvania
Themes: change

I believe in change. A new food or new scenery suits me for a change. Like a new food, a new change is something that I haven’t tried before, like most new changes, untainted or scary. Change takes me from one place to another, from one situation to the next, from a great experience to a bad experience. But change is always there for me. Change has hit me since I was an early child, moving from Rhode Island to Baltimore, MD. I do not remember the move, but it was the beginning of many changes that would take place in my life. The best change happened to me when I was transferring schools three years ago. At the time it was tough leaving all my old friends behind at Bloomsburg and arriving at a big place, like Penn State. But as I went to my classes and became familiar with the area and found that the major I was in was a great fit, I made friends, tried new things and evolved as a person, for better or for worse. At this critical turning point in my life, I realized that change is important.

A change of pace, a change out of the ordinary gives me a new outlook on life or on a person. Change doesn’t happen every day, but change makes me think about what I have and what I don’t. Change makes me realize what the good things are in life and that for all the things I do try out of the ordinary, like a coconut chicken soup or a trip to the Sierra Mountains, that there are thousands of other things that could change the way I think, feel, taste, view, and could help me become a better person.

Change also involves putting myself out there to succeed or to fail. Change can hurt me if I fail, but it makes me want to try again. Change can make my confidence be higher if I succeed in a new challenge. Change is always there, like my family, my best friend and the love I have for the people that mean the most to me.

Change allows for new beliefs and old beliefs to stay strong or fade away. Change can make me question what I believe in and what I hold dear. But change happens and whether it is good or bad I have to welcome it because I can’t stay in the same place forever, nor can I eat the same food day in and day out, so thank you change, you have molded to me.