cody - union, Kentucky
Themes: pleasure

I believe that life is best when it is kept simple. Every day I strive to keep the question in my mind “Is this necessary?” Some of the best things in life are fishing, listening to music, and being around people you know. I wish that every day I could wake up off of a mat in the middle of the floor of my empty room and live the simplest life possible but it is never that easy. Being a college student today makes keeping life simple a task. I am forced to awake from my bed, turn off my alarm, find clothes, gather my books, check my e-mail, and go to class. After class I find my self juggling internet assignments around with book work, study time, and personal items; this often makes me feel discouraged and overwhelmed. After all of that I have to find time for the things I actually want to do.

Although college is a hassle and the most complicated part of my life, it is essential to my simplicity. If my life was simple 100% of the time I would just be lazy. Doing the complex things in life also makes me appreciate the simple things. Driving out to Lake Reba to cast a few wouldn’t seem as rewarding or simple if I hadn’t gotten up early that morning and gone to Chemistry and Biology. Even when I don’t catch anything, which is usually the case, taking time out to stand around and enjoying some time to my self makes my life what it is.