Kimberly - Goshen, Indiana

I believe that the world sets us up for disappointment and failure. From this we learn to be satisfied and do with what we are given. To make the best and be content.

Since we are babies our parents tell us we can do and be anything we want to be. Then we start school and realize that it is impossible to do and be anything we want to. We may learn that we are not as smart as we thought we were or that we can’t jump off the playground and not break a bone. Eventually we learn to study and broaden our IQ’s with time and effort, but then we grow up. As we become older we recieve more responsiblity and priorities that take up that time we used to be able to spend studying, and we are forced to do what we can with what time we have and not cry when we don’t recieve and A+ on every assignment.

I have grown up in a religious home where I had instilled the ideal of a big mansion in the clowds, with all my family, streets paved in gold, anything I could ever need or want the second I wish for it, and peace. As I got older I was taught what it takes to achieve this mansion in heaven. I must act and dress a certain way, never curse, don’t have sex till marriage, never do anything painful to my body because thats where jesus lives, always be friendly and welcoming to friends, family, enemies, and neighbors, never lie or stretch a truth, always be honest true and chast in all my doings during my time on earth. I challenge you to show me one person that can do this besides God. I understand that part of coming to earth is to perfect ourselves through trials and learning from mistakes. No one can ever achieve perfection in all of those that I listed above. If God is so merciful also why am I judge so harshly at church, and if thats hard how harshly is God allowed to judge me. Will I really make it to this mansion?

The world sets us up for failure and disappointment through school, church, and home. From these experiences I believe that we learn how to be happy and satisfied with who we are and what we accomplish, and that is what life is about. Understanding all this I wonder though why it is so hard to accept failure.