Sara - Nashua, New Hampshire

I believe in signs from heaven. When I least expect it, I find a sign from heaven. They often tell me things, warn me of something to come, and remind me there is a heaven; someone really is watching over me. Although I don’t always receive a sign when it is most needed, they often show up when my mind is thinking of other things or lost in another place. Because I am not looking for them, these are the messages that I find to be the most important.

I recently received a message that accentuated my belief. My husband’s father passed away and I believed he was now in heaven watching over us. I tried to comfort my husband, who was still upset about the funeral. My husband didn’t believe in God or in heaven and hell. My strong beliefs in both heaven and hell, and his lack of belief always created arguments, but this time I didn’t want to fight. I told him, “You don’t have to believe in anything, but your father is watching over you, and he will prove this to you when you least expect it.”

That ended the conversation, his beliefs unchanged. It wasn’t until the next morning that the miracle happened, that the sign from heaven appeared. I was getting breakfast ready for my husband and myself. As I was scrambling the eggs, I looked over at our satellite clock. “That’s weird,” I thought. The clock didn’t say the correct time, day, or date, and they were supposed to change automatically. There were not even buttons on the clock because it was supposed to pick up a wave from a satellite in space. But last night had been daylight savings, where clocks around the world were pushed back an hour to make up for the loss of sunlight, so I thought nothing of it.

I continued fixing the eggs until I realized the clock wasn’t just off an hour. The day and date were incorrect as well. My eyes stayed fixed on it for a minute, then tears began to fall down my face. The information on the clock was not any old time. It said Tuesday, January 14. The time displayed 9:54 a.m. This was the exact day, date, and time that my father had passed away years before. I stared at it for a while longer until a smile crossed my face. The sign had come, and even though it may not have been for my husband’s sake, I knew my father was watching over us.