Ruth - Elkhorn, California
Themes: purpose, setbacks

I was laid off in Febr. 07. The company I worked for went out of business. After the schock on the day I was told the decision, minutes later I was escorted by my boss to my office and in his presence I had to clean up my desk. I cannot write about my feelings. I was devastated. I prayed to arrive safely at home driving along a Highway. I was schocked for days. The reality set in right away. I need a new job. I have mortgage payments; can I still re-finance my house? The house I worked so hard for. As a devorced female, non-american, buying a house on the central coast of CA is…, if you know the prices here. This house is the basic for the non-profit org. I foundet to open a senior day care. Now everything I worked for so hard is in jeapardy. “You made differences in people’s life”, is what I heard from the boss who laid me off. He made a difference in my life, but not in the way I made differences in peole’s life. Friends encourage me to go forward with the senior day care non-profit org. E. told me: “YOUR day care is such a need, your heart is beating for the underdogs, for peole they are not in the fortunate position to pay for private care. You go for now”!

I have for one more month money to pay my bills. And I’m going forward with the day care. Sometimes I think, just for a second, showing in my resume that I ‘m a europian-born is not positive for being hired; and I still have an accent.

But I believe that the energy of the universe is giuding me in right direction. This I strongly believe.