Jeremiah - Knoxville, Tennessee
Themes: setbacks

I Married Bad Luck

I have always been skeptical of the word people call luck. Never really believe in it, and to me luck didn’t exist. My opinion was that if good things happen to you it was because you made happen. I ruled out the mystic force that everyone likes to call luck. In high school kids called me the golden boy because, every high school I went to they never had a losing football, all went to state, and all but one won it. Backed then I thought our football team won because, in some arrogant way that we was just better than the others teams. But now as I look back any of those games could have went the other way.

Now I have lost the title golden boy and instead of seeing golden footballs I’m seeing red F’s on school papers, and my once aspiring determination fading. I’m just floating though life wondering what else could go wrong and why lady luck is harassing me. Now I have become a strong believer in luck, and I feel my luck is either on lunch break or has ran out. Is it bad luck that torment me or did I do some wrong and God is just piss off at me? I believe in bad luck but I also believe that in order to change it that it must start with you.

For one stop blaming every thing else for your misfortune like, the black cat that walk across the street the minute you are coming down the road, or the mirror you accidentally broke. To me these things are for people that put in their mind that if you do a certain thing your curse for some odd years. The curse doesn’t come from the thing you did, but from the mind set that you are put in and your unknowingly thoughts to make bad things happen to yourself because, you have it in your mind that something bad is going to happen anyway.

I married bad luck this is the mind set that I must fight to get away from I can’t let all the bad stuff going on change my once arrogant and aspiring determination. I will get the title golden boy again in my mind I think everyone is golden even if some times we get married to bad luck there is always divorce in this I believe.