Benjamin - Gulfport, Mississippi
Themes: parenthood

I believe that one day, there will not be any more single mothers in the world. I know and believe in that everything happens for a reason. Motherhood is a very difficult task and when doing it alone makes it even harder. I believe one day that it will not be okay for men to have children and not know their names, how they look, or any of their children’s interest. It should not be a common thing for kids not knowing or not living with their fathers.

I believe that even if the mother and father do not stay together, the father should be a part in their children’s lives. By the father being around, it gives the mother a break to lay down and relax their minds, get some rest. Especially if the child is an infant, there is much sleep and rest needed.

I believe one day, as kids growing up, their father will be apart of their lives and support any and everything the child decides to do in life. The father will be there to support them on their first day of school, their first t-ball game, the first time they score a touchdown. The kids should be able to look back and say my daddy taught me that. I had a certain spike I did on every touchdown that I learned from my father. Throw the ball back over my right shoulder as I entered the endzone. My father taught me how to use the backboard effectively. Every time I shoot off the backboard, I think about how my father taught me that right in my backyard. I believe it is something that every child should be able to look back and say my father taught me that.

I believe that one day, men will start to realize that the mother did make the baby by herself so it will be difficult to raise the baby by herself. If he was man enough to lie down with her, he should be man enough to be a father. It should not matter how old he may be. If he is a teenager, trying to do grown man things, he should have to take on the responsibility of an adult and raise his child not to make the same mistakes he made. I believe that is why there are so many single mothers in the world today. Men believe that it is okay not to be there for their child because their father was not there for them. Out of all things, that should be motivation.

Even though there are many single mothers in the world today, I believe that the number will start to decrease slowly but surely. I believe that it will be uncommon for a man not to be with his child, to help raise his child. I believe that men who are not there for his kids will be looked down upon but also encouraged to be a better man and a better father.