SHANTE - PASS CHRISTIAN, Mississippi

FAMILY KEEPS ME GOING!!!!!!

Stopping and thinking back on the years of my life my values, I would have to say are my mother Angela Spencer and my two younger sisters Jasmine and Aesha, and my uncle Eric. My mother is my inspiration. My mother is a single parent and she has managed to raise three girls with total different personalities. My mother managed to work, pay bills, and still give us what we needed. My mother is an awesome woman and I thank her everyday. I hope when I have children I can give my children what she gave hers. My mother has always been there for me. When I wanted to give up she was always there too pick me up, and tell me not to quit it will be worth it in the end. I value my younger sisters because they look at me and see that I have graduated from high school and I am now going to college, which makes them strive harder. My sister Jasmine is an awesome basketball player and has received letters from 4 different colleges, and I am so proud of her because she is in the ninth grade and she makes good grades, and she has her life planned out. Jasmine knows what she wants to accomplish in life, and she does not let anyone get in her way or tell her she can’t. My youngest sister Aesha she is the quite type. She was born premature at one pound and she died several times right in front of our eyes, so we spoiled her. She was shy and let people pull her around in the direction they wanted her too go. Aesha has come so far she now lives her life for Aesha and I am proud of her for that. She knows what she wants and goes for it. I grew up with my Uncle Eric, after my grandmother had her stroke, which left her paralyzed. My Uncle and I grew up as brother and sister, and that is the kind of relationship we have now today. I am proud of him he has come far in life as well. I have recognized that family is the backbone of my life and without them here to help me it would be a long run. Family is important and you should cherish them everyday. After Hurrican Katriana family became more important than anything and you were able to realize that.