Elizabeth - Biloxi, Mississippi

For the longest time, I always self-doubted myself. I never thought that I would be able to regain strength with everything that I have endured these past couple of years. People deal with accidents, bad grades, and even bad hair days; and like most people do, we all deal with deaths. This is why I believe in strength.

A couple years ago my family endured the worst pain ever, losing my dad. I was always a daddy’s girl, and thought he would always be there for me. Six months after my dad’s death, the unexpected happened. I lost my older sister too. Six months after that, my grandmother died. I thought, “Could anything else happen?”

Growing up I thought that people died for a reason, and that nothing would ever happen to the ones I loved. When that day came, I blamed myself because I thought that I couldn’t love them enough and wasn’t able to do anything for them. After learning about how each life ends eventually, I just had to cope with the pain. I once heard that life is like a song, it has to end sometime.

Some people mourn differently, and in my case I mourned by writing and drawing. Others believe that one should mourn by celebrating they’re life, and see the good things they have done for others. Even though most people aren’t going to read what angers me most, I have to be strong for them. Strength should be in everyone’s life. Regardless of when a person is down, the other person in their life should influence them with a bit of strength.

Now that I know that I can’t always be there to help every single person in life, I have to let them know somehow, somewhere, that they are going to be okay; just as long as you believe in yourself and others.