Michael - Asheville, North Carolina
Themes: community

I believe in listening to the radio every morning. Every morning that I can. These days are usually school days, because I get up too late on weekends to listen to the shows I like. I wake up and listen to the radio every day, and have done so for as long as I could remember. Since back in elementary on the long drive to school, to now, when I walk to school everyday, it is still a pastime.

I usually listen to Morning Edition from NPR news, or the News from BBC. It keeps me up to date with what is going on in the world. It is nice to be up to speed on which politicians are corrupt, which third world countries are having troubles, and what the DOW JONES Average is today. I hear what the election results of nations around the world. I can even hear local news interjected between the international headlines. I find it very nice to be a little more connected to the world. I feel like I am better educated, and have a better look on life if I hear what is going on around the globe. It makes me feel like I might just be that little bit more prepared for life than others. I might get a taste of the big bad world before I get there.

It is great to be able to discuss current events with friends and teachers. I can always talk to one of my teachers about something cool that’s going on. It is always an easy way to start a conversation with anyone. Listening to the radio for me is like people reading the daily newspaper or watching the evening news. And you may say that watching TV is more entertaining than listening to the radio. But I find that most news on the radio is a little more focused and non-political that any evening news channel and our local paper. I think it would help everyone tried to listen to the radio every once in a while.

I believe in listening to the radio every morning. It helps me understand our world more, and makes me feel more connected to people in general. I listened to the radio when I was a little kid, and I still listen to it now. I will probably always listen to the radio in the morning if I am able. People would have a better overall understanding of the world we live in if they just flipped the news on once in a while…..