Tyler - Scottsdale, Arizona

Religion

I believe in a religion that consumes my life. I live my religion 24/7, 365 days a year, and out of personal preference. It isn’t just something that I do on Christmas and Easter. My beliefs affect my entire thought process, life goals, and how I conduct myself and my actions

My religion to me is my base and main support system. It encompasses all aspects of my life and can provide answers and reasons to any questions that I have. I believe that it is what I can always fall back on and I have a testimony of its truthfulness. Many people today think religion is whatever you want it to be. I don’t share this opinion. I believe that the only way for a religion to be true, is for it to be placed on earth by god, not by the personal analysis of any man or woman. If everyone just believes that they should do whatever they want, whenever they want, as opposed to doing what they should do and what they know is right, then the natural man inside all of us will take control and cause havoc. This is impart why I believe the world is so engulfed in violence and immorality, coupled with the affluence of the “political correctness” epidemic and people’s belief in “accepting” others and their actions, whether those actions are positive or negative and poor. A religion must have structure, and it must not lower its beliefs and standards to adopt the standards of the world. Let’s face the facts, it’s easier to steal than work for your personal gain, and easier to have sex than observe abstinence before marriage, but it is religion that gives me the guidelines that prohibit me from these actions, ultimately making me a happier person.

I’m not trying to say that everyone has to be a member of my religion, I’m just pointing out that there is a reason that people like our grandparents held to different morals is the past, morals that are today steadily plummeting. I believe what I believe because of the thought process that has been instilled in me since I was a little kid. Now I am an adult and have the right to my own opinions and belief system, but I have still chosen to hold fast to the thing that I have personally come to love and believe is essential to my personal salvation and success in life, the thing that I have been instructed about for years, my religion.