Dana - Goshen, Indiana
Themes: Christianity

I believe creationism is how the world evolved, not evolution.

My freshman year, I took Biology Honors and we were getting ready to study about evolution. My friend Jacey and I both grew up in homes where we were taught we came from God not monkeys! So we knew right away we didn’t want to study evolution. We talked to our parents and asked if it would be okay if we asked for an alternative assignment. They told us to go ahead and that they were proud we were sticking up for what we believed in. The next day, we went to our teacher and asked for the alternative assignment. She wasn’t pleased and said she’d have to talk to the teacher that was the head of the science department. At the end of the period she brought us out of the class and told us what our assignment would be. This assignment was extremely hard and had a lot of stuff we had to do. We later met with the science department, after studying creationism for a few days, and were told we had to return to class. We weren’t very happy but we were glad that we tried to stick up for what we believe.

Along with everything I learned about creationism during that time, I still think the basics are the most important. For instance, how in the first book of the Bible, Genesis, it states: “In the beginning God created the sky and the earth. The earth was empty and had no form… Then God said, ‘Let there be light’, and there was light… Then God said, ‘Let us make human beings in our image and likeness’… So God created human beings in his image. In the image of God he created them. He created them male and female. God blessed them and said, “Have many children and grow in number. Fill the earth and be its master. Rule over the fish in the sea and over the birds in the sky and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” So with all of that said, I truly believe God made everything and everyone! We did not evolve from apes or any other animal for that matter!

Therefore, I believe human beings came from God, creationism, not monkeys, evolution.