Daniel - Mesa, Arizona

What If…

What if the sky were green? What if we could understand the languages of animals? What if legends and fairy tales we grew up knowing were true? For example, the legend of the Sandman, known around the world, is told to little children as a bed time story. It has been translated in many different languages and told in different forms, yet they all are alike. It is said that the Sandman would go around the town sprinkling sand in children’s eyes, for one reason, to help them fall asleep. What would you say if I told you that all these years and everything you have ever heard about the Sandman was just a cover up? A legend based on reality about something so sinister, that the truth had to be hidden for centuries. What would you do if you got stuck between two different dimensions, and you couldn’t tell the difference between reality and your worst nightmare? What if.

Every day we see things, hear things, and wonder about things that could be and might be that allow our minds to expand to a different way of thinking. Using our imagination can take us away from our concerns and problems at least for a little bit. I believe that a world full of “what ifs” can make life more fun and less stressful. It allows us to take reality and turn it around into something more interesting. Life is hard as it is, but if we can fit in a few “what ifs” in our daily routine, it may change your day. Go to a park and sit down and just watch people. Examine the way people interact and make up a little story in your mind. If your upset, then make the story a little intense. It may sound bad but you will be releasing some of that anger into your story rather than someone at work. If you’re in a happy mood, make it funny. The imagination has no limit, anything can happen, anything is possible. The farther it is from realistic the better. I’ve scored the winning goal in the World Cup Finals, and I’ve also jump off a building and onto a helicopter dressed as a kangaroo. Anything and everything is possible, so let your imagination run wild and have fun with it.