Deja - Saco ME, Maine

I Believe In Second Chances

People should always be able to get a second chance. I believe in this because people make mistakes to learn their lessons. Therefore, you need to give people a second chance, so they can learn lessons in life. For the most part, people always manage to learn once they make a mistake, not all people, but most people. Even if they don’t learn, they know what they did wrong and that they should fix it, but then again, some people are just stubborn.

My boyfriend and I have been together for about 2 years. We broke up and went our seperate ways, doing our own things, and yes, we made many mistakes, but then we got back together and forgave eachother for the things we had done. We’ve realized that we would never make the same mistakes again, because we learned from the ones that we already made. What we had done wrong when we were separated has only made us stronger. We are only human. We all do this wrong. I’m the type of person who strongly believes that when you do something wrong, you make it better and show people up!

Parents should always give their children a second chance. Parents forget that we are teenagers and we make mistakes. Parents need to give us a chance to show that we are growing up and we are learning from our mistakes, and also that we are soon to be adults. They need to give us chances. Sometimes we may even need many chances, because we are still growing and learning.

Right now I’m living on my own because my dad decided not to give me a second chance and to give up on me, but I’m doing fine and he will realize that I’m getting very mature because of all this. I’ve decided that I’m going to show them up because they thought I wouldn’t be able to do it on my own. I’m already begining to do better in school because they told me I couldn’t. I’ve been looking for a job, which has been taking some time, but it’s getting there. And my father and gradnparents will be surprised on how well I’m doing, but hopefully they’ll be happy for me.

I am very thankful for my mother because she has always been very understanding and has given me second chances. She knows that I’m a teenager and that I’m going to do stuff wrong, but she also realizes that I’m doing very well. I didn’t do so well in school last quarter, which made my father believe that I wouldn’t do good this quarter, but when I told my mother that I was going to improve, she had so much faith in me and gave me that chance to prove to her that I could . This made my self esteem so much higher by saying she knew I could do it.

I thought that writting about second chances would be something that I would really like to write about because my boyfriend has just give me a second chance and I’m very thankful for that. It is for that reason that I believe in second chances.