Brandon - Yorktown, Indiana

I believe that there is a God out in our world. God looks down on us and watches us at all times. God knows when we do something that is generous, or when we do something that is bad. God has helped me out in so many ways and I personally thank him for it.

I had a hard time in the past wondering why God does not answer my questions, and concerns in life. There have been plenty things that have happened in my life, and I wonder to myself why would this happen to me? Two years ago, I am having the best season of my life playing baseball. I was doing amazing, hoping that I was going to land a scholarship to play division one baseball. Then one baseball game I tear my ACL, and the season was over. I loved baseball so much and I kept asking myself why this year? Why did it have to be me? I healed from that, and just recently about a month ago, doctors diagnosed with type one diabetes. This was such as tragedy for me. I now know that I have to live my life differently, eating different foods, and drinking different things. No more sugar foods for me, and I had to make sure I watched what I ate. Therefore, I ask myself when I pray at night why do you do this to me God. What is the point of this?

I know that bad things happen in the world and many people question God about that. Like recently with the Virginia Tech murders, why would God want so many people to die, in such a horrific and tragic way? This is where I concluded that God is always here for us and that there is going to be evil all around us. Evil things happen everyday to us, but it is how you deal with it. I know that God does everything for a reason, and that he cares so much about me, and everyone else in the world. We human beings cannot be angry with God for things that happen. We have to learn from them, God has a plan for all of us, and his plan for me is to live my life with diabetes. I am not going to let this hurt me though; I am going to live a long and healthy life with diabetes. When God wants me to go then I will go, but until then I cannot be bitter about things that have happened to me, and either can all of you. You all have to believe that God is there for you through the thick and the thin.

God is watching us, and has a plan for us all. All of us have to just live our life to the fullest, and be content with what we are.