Fred - Framingham, Massachusetts

I believe that every human life is equal and invaluable. No human life regardless of nationality, religion, race, color, belief, lack of belief, handicap, predisposition or any other qualifier, changes the equality or value of that human life.

I believe that:

 Human life is sacrosanct.

 We should take action to prevent death from hunger, disease or violence.

 Every human being has a right to any belief that they may choose to have, no matter what any other human may think of that belief.

As discussed in the UN Declaration of Human Rights, every member of our species has the right to belong or not to belong to any religion, spiritual practice or philosophy.

Every human has a right to change their beliefs, religion, spiritual practice or philosophy or to create one of their own. This should be able to be done without interference from any government, person or group.

I believe that it is wrong to take a human life under any circumstance.

I believe that death from war, genocide, hunger, execution, preventable disease and curable illness are great wrongs. If governments are incapable of preventing needless death then I believe that the people have the right to peacefully change that government or to create a new form of government.

I believe that if national governments are incapable of providing protection for its people then a global form of government may be required to protect those rights and freedoms.

I believe that we need a global form of government because we have global issues that are not and can not be addressed effectively in any other forum.

We suffer from war, terror, hunger, genocide, preventable deaths, pollution, and the unsustainable loss of valuable natural resources in our oceans, forests and soil.

Sovereign national governments are more likely to fight over these issues than to try to solve them. The self interest of individual nations will often stand in the way of taking the necessary steps to make this planet better for all of the members of our species.

We need a global government to:

• Create peace on Earth.

• End war, hunger and preventable death.

• Supervise all elections at all levels of government everywhere.

• Stamp out corruption in all forms of government.

• Stop the destruction of the resources of our planet.

• End slavery in all of its forms.

• Ensure freedom of belief.

• Guarantee freedom of speech, information, access to knowledge.

• Bring the right of education to every member of our species.

• Clean up the pollution on our planet and to stop further pollution.

• Stop the destruction of natural resources

• Guarantee the right of every human to live free and to educate their children in their own culture

If as a people we cannot stop the ongoing genocide in Darfur or feed the World’s hungry, then we need a global political system that is capable of solving these problems. This I believe.