Gloria - Texas

I believe a little faith goes a long way. This I believe because of an experience I went through not to long ago that lead me to believe this. A time where everyone’s prayers seemed impossible, a time where I had to close my eyes and take that small leap of faith and that if it weren’t for that faith, someone’s life may have been taken away.

One afternoon, after already having met my boyfriend, Reggie’s grandma, the sweetest, cutest old lady with a warm smile that could light up the room and a laugh so kind and welcoming that left the dinning table at ease, my boyfriend called and told me the dire news. With a quiet tone of voice and a bit stuttering in his words, he said “My grandma is in the hospital, she developed cirrhosis of the liver.” Her doctor said her condition was incurable but treatable. Even though I didn’t know exactly what cirrhosis was at the time I couldn’t believe this was happening to her. The fact that she couldn’t be cured made mine and everyone’s hopes and prayers seem impossible. After hanging up, with tears coming down my face, I sat down and desperately prayed and asked the Lord to heal her. Even though I knew she couldn’t be completely healed, still with hope and a little bit of faith I asked for a miracle.

I wasn’t sure if it would ever happen but I put my trust in God and tried not to doubt, even though I kind of did, I still had a little faith. She was released from the hospital and about a week later she went back to get checked up. I didn’t think anything of it but when she got home Reggie called me with excitement and anxiety in his voice telling me nothing was wrong with her! She had a clean bill of health; they couldn’t find anything wrong with her liver! I thought, and we all thought how could this happen?! Not even the doctors could believe it; they said her liver was in perfect condition as if nothing had ever happened. I was so astonished and speechless, the first thing that came to my head when those words came through the phone line was; wow God, you did this, you let this happen, you heard me and answered my prayer, you gave us a miracle just like I asked. My eyes turned glossy as later my cheeks became moist, I was so amazed at his power and grace that I burst into tears of joy.

I believe God was trying to teach me that a little faith can go beyond what is expected when He saved Reggie’s grandma from cirrhosis. He used her to show me that that is all he wants, he wants us to trust him and when we do, great things can happen because he is all mighty and can make any impossible petition possible.