Brett - Kalamazoo, Michigan

I believe that all people are created equal in the eyes of God and that all people should have the opportunity to succeed when they have the right motivation. In our great country of America I have learned that people can be whatever they want when they put their minds to it. We have a lot of opportunity to succeed in our country because of our ability to obtain higher learning if we want it. By being a smarter people I think we can open up even more opportunity for the rest of our country because we can bring in more money to create better and newer schools.

Since my mom is a teacher I really understand how important education is and I truly believe if a person wants, they can become as smart as they want. I also have an uncle that is a major league umpire who didn’t go to college, but with the right drive and motivation is very success. This is why I believe that every person in America has the opportunity to be whatever they want whenever they want. It all depends on how bad you want it, no matter where you come from or who you are, you can be anything.

Another thing I strongly believe in is we were all created by God and that we are all created good but with the choice to do good or bad things. I went to Catholic school from K-8th grade and have been impacted by a lot of good religious people. I have studied other religions and had experiences with them. Even though Catholicism is what I believe in, I believe that any religion that compels someone to be good is a good religion because I believe that we need as many good people in our world as we can.

The last thing that I wanted to share with you that I really believe in is country. Ever since I was a little boy my father has made me understand how important our great country is. Both of my grandfathers were WWII veterans and their generation, to me, is a shining example of how important our country is. These men gave our country everything they had and now I’m embarrassed to say that my generation is taking most of it away. Even though we are in a war that many we might not understand it is important to support it because it is our countrymen and women over their fighting it. So whether you like our president or hate him, whether you believe in war or don’t, and whether you are white, black, or purple, this is our country and we need to support it.