Molly - Wylie, Texas

Pressure, it’s everywhere. It follows me through life, waiting for a moment of weakness to attack and devour me, its prey. Pressure, even when unspoken, lurks in dark corners, watching, waiting, but I will not give in. I will stand my ground and hold my head high, doing what I know is right in God’s eyes, relying on Him for my strength in hard times.

For five weeks during the summer I worked as a staff member at a summer camp-away from my home, my family, and my friends. Before I left for camp, it was always really easy for me to live out my Christian faith. I went to church, read my Bible, and prayed every day. I had a strong relationship with God, and never let anything get in the way of that. I was extremely involved in activities with my church youth group, had a great group of friends, and had been raised in a Christian family. I was surrounded by people who shared my beliefs and were always there to support me. Even when I was faced with hard times and pressures from school, I had people that I knew I could fall back on. I had plenty of great Christian examples for me to look up to, so it had always been easy enough for me to live by my morals. At camp, though, things were harder.

I had never been that far away from my family, friends, and home for that long. That was to be the biggest test of my faith. I would have to learn to stand strong in my faith without all of the support that I was used to. Since the vast majority of the people I was with at camp did not seem to have many of the same values as me, it was completely up to me to live according to my morals. I made some great friends out there that I will never forget, but at times it just seemed harder to keep up my relationship with Christ without being immersed in that “church life” like I was at home. The pressures that came up in camp life were now entirely on me, but it taught me to turn my troubles over to God and to go to Him for everything. He will always take care of me.

God, He’s everywhere. He walks with me through life, waiting, His arms wide open for me to run to Him, my Father, my God. God, even though not physically seen, shines through the darkness, watching, waiting, drawing His children into His arms. I am His child, I am His follower, and I will rely on Him for strength. God gives my life purpose and I will live for Him, never needing to be afraid to do what is right.