Luke - Wylie, Texas

I believe in trance, most people don’t know what it is, that’s okay though because nobody but me has to know what it is. I believe that trance is above music, that it should be considered a feeling. Unlike rock, which from my experience is designed to reduce thought, trance encourages thoughts and feelings. I would like classical, but it tries too hard to make you realize it’s there. It tries to announce itself, it doesn’t fell natural. I think listening to trance is much more spiritual than any other kind of music. Nothing can beat the continuous soft bass line, the scattered sometimes mystical vocals, the unreal buzzing noises that make your soul jump, and the steady drumbeats. I find its odd effects on me are best given in a perfectly dark room, with a few colored lights. Also I have discovered it is further enhanced with a nice low BPM poi session. When I get to spinning, I don’t feel like I’m in my body anymore, a temporary escape from reality. I get to only see what I want, only hear what I want, and it’s real. It’s been able to change my views on life and reality, allowing me to realize many things about people and myself. It makes me think more than I’m supposed to. However, I’m not saying it’s for everyone though, that would straight up be a lie. What I do know for sure though is that it’s for me. I think it’s funny when people say they don’t like it, I know they have not revealed what it’s supposed to do. I wish I could listen to it all day, even though I know it would make me dance impulsively I still wish to always hear it playing. I don’t like all of it though, there’s some that I do find annoying, but there’s definitely a sweet spot somewhere, a perfect balance of repetition and new beats and effects. I didn’t always like the music though, for most of my life I didn’t even know about it. I used to like rock at one point of time, then I got my hands on some good trance, and now I can’t go back to anything else. Nothing gives me the same feeling. Nothing can replace it.