Zachary - Wylie, Texas

This I Believe…

Laughter…the most powerful of all the emotions, for it gives you the greatest feeling in the world. It brings a smile upon your face when your feeling down, it makes you feel better after a bad day, and it leaves you feeling great inside. This is not a sad story or a cheery story, but rather an experience, an experience in which I hope everyone has enjoyed in their lifetime. This is the joy of laughter. I believe in laughter. Laughter is a train roaring down the tracks at full speed coming right at you. Only laughter won’t cause massive brain damage, chronic headaches, broken bones, or paralysis at any extent. Instead it will sweep you off of your feet and bring a smile upon your face. Unless you’re about to vomit, in which case laughter can be slightly painful, but none the less it will make you feel happy, if only for that brief second before you hurl chunks through the air in a mad dash to the bathroom, or nearest trashcan. However, out of all the sensations what one person doesn’t enjoy the occasional chuckle, or an all out, breath-taking, nearly-suffocating, gut-busting, purple-faced, eyes-bulging, head-exploding, tear-dripping laugh? With laughter, you can never go wrong. That is why I believe in laughter. Anything that brings joy to an individual is something I can relate to. It is difficult to dwell in your sorrows when you can easily make a bad day phenomenal with a little joke. I know I have had a day where everything was going wrong. I forgot my homework, I failed a test, my parents were yelling at me, and I felt awful. I began to dwell in my sadness, walking upon the vast field of my sorrows, and bringing myself to even more depression. Next thing I know, my friend calls, and I start telling her about my day. I tell her how everything is going wrong, and how I felt horrible. She proceeds to try and lighten up my day by telling me a few jokes, and even though they might have been cheesy, something about them brought a feeling of happiness and joy into me. Soon we were joking around and laughing. Everything was going great, and my once horrific day turned into a superb day of happiness and joy. This same situation goes for everyone. Just enjoy the laughter and let the happiness explode in your body. It is the best feeling in the world, and that is why I believe in laughter.