Aaron - Murphy, Texas
Themes: setbacks

This is Believe

If there is one most important lesson that I have learned so far throughout my life, it is that nothing in life is guaranteed. How can anything in life be for sure when life itself isn’t even guaranteed? I mean, any person could just be walking down the street and POW, their life is suddenly over. No ones place on this earth is definite and that is why I look at life as having infinite possibilities and no certainties.

My Dad is currently unemployed, and has been for the last 13 months. I would never have guessed, not even in a million years, that my Dad would lose his job. The loss of his job took a huge toll on my family of 6, it was completely unexpected, and I think, brought us back to the reality that life has no guarantees. Now it hasn’t been the best or the easiest 13 months, but me and my family are getting by. The house may be more stressful and we may not have the luxuries we used to have, but at least now my family and I are better prepared for absolutely anything that faces us, the good and the bad. We now know never to give up hope, and never to get to sure. To some that fact that life has infinite possibilities and no certainties may be common knowledge, but having something so out of the blue, so unplanned for, happen when I least expected it, opened my eyes and helped me to better anticipate experiences in my life.

To be honest, over half of the things that happen in my life are unforeseen. Like my aunt and uncle getting divorced after such a humble marriage, or one of my best childhood friends losing his dad, or even Tony Romo dropping that snap in the Cowboy’s recent playoff game. Life itself is all about being unpredictable, there is no proper way to plan or prepare yourself for life, just live, knowing that life is full of possibilities and has no certainties. So until someone learns how to accurately predict the future, I’m going to stand by this belief and continue to live my life always remembering, impossible is nothing, and nothing is guaranteed.