Shelby - Wylie, Texas

I am one to get mad in two seconds flat about nothing, really, no lie. I also, sometimes, have uncontrollable, angry outbursts at people who, I think, are complete idiots. Also, if I think you’re making rude comments towards me or one of my friends, then expect the wrath of… SHELBY. I don’t necessarily like to get mad, but when the time is right, like it was at our first district softball game, I go for it.

As I was innocently standing there in the dugout, putting on my helmet, getting ready to go out on deck, I realize that there is a bright orange flying bat barreling through the air in my direction. It is NOT my job to watch out for the flying bats that the moron on our team throws. It is not anybody’s responsibility for that matter! Why was there a bat flying through the air anyways?!?!! That’s beyond me.

So, after the bat soars for about five feet, it hits the ground, bounces up at me, and hits me right smack in my left arm. Do you realize how important my left arm is? Pretty darn important… I have to catch with that arm! Anyways, so this bat hits my arm and I start to turn red. I’m boiling. I make a dead, harsh stare straight at this girl. Her mouth drops open, and she starts to say, “Shelby, I’m so sorry!” But, I start to yell. I’m freaking out, but before I get too far into my little freak-out, my coach yells, “Shelby! Chill!” And that’s when I realized how ridiculous I was behaving.

I believe in controlling my anger. If you’re always mad about something, then what’s the point in living a full life? You might as well just roll over and die now, seriously. Get over it! It’s not that big of a deal! You’re going to die in sixty years any how… What I always tell myself when I’m about to blow up is, “Calm down, it’s not worth it.” And it’s not. It’s not worth hurting the people you love or making yourself look like a complete fool over some silly issue that you’re not going to remember after two months. I’ve learned how to control my anger, and I’m now a happier person. You can be too, if you just believe. (: