Philip - Carlisle, Kentucky

I believe that all of creation declares that there is a God. I believe that every facet of life, all of mater, space, earth, animals, and life all present overwhelming prove that something made them, designed them, and gave them a purpose.

When was the last time you stared into the night sky? What did you see? Most of the time I just see a blab of black, some white specks called stars, and maybe an airplane or two. As I stood staring upward one warm summer night on our farm I started thinking about a verse in the Bible that says “All of creation declares that there is a God” and “The heavens declare the glory of God and the earth declares His handy work.” I started thinking about how big this world is, how huge this expanse of stars that I see extends, I started thinking about how huge God is yet He considers the entire earth to be as little as His footstool. Then it hit me, there is no wall, there is no limit, that blackness I was looking into stretched forever. I believe that what God taught me that night is physical proof that something could exist forever due to the fact I was looking at something that does expand forever. Through this, I believe God has revealed and declared Himself through the night sky.

Today while I was writing this essay, it was snowing, and had been snowing most of the night before. As I watched the snowfall, I noticed how beautiful it was as it fell gracefully from the sky, blew around then landed silently into a bed of snow. As I watched the snow, I recalled from a biology class in high school how every snow flake is unique and different from all the other snow flakes. In the most primitive sense, something had to design and plan for every one of the billions of microscopic snowflakes to not mimic each other. I believe that every snow flake cries out that a God exists and that this God would have to be extremely creative and powerful to not allow every tiny snow flake to match. I also believe that God has made us just like the snowflakes; think of how tiny we are when compared to this world, how delicate and fragile life is and how unique we are.

Perhaps these are just two short examples of why I believe that God has revealed Himself in all of creation; but these examples have reminded me more times than I can count of how great a God I serve. I hope that next time you look up at the night sky or watch the snow fall that you might be confronted with the reality that a holy, wisdom filled, frightfully powerful God created every aspect of what we know as life.