Rebecca - Onaway, Michigan
Themes: carpe diem

I believe in living like there is no tomorrow

What would you do if the world ended tomorrow? Would you be sad? Would you live to the fullest if only for one day? I believe in living like there is no tomorrow. Tim McGraw sings, “Live like you were dying!” Life is too short to waste a day.

I became a true believer in living like there is no tomorrow when I was diagnosed with a tumor in my pituitary gland, shortly after giving birth to twins. I thought I was going to die. Life as I knew it was over.

I am a wife and mother of four children. I could not possibly think I was going to die. Could I? I was determined not to leave my family behind. After weeks of crying and feeling sorry for myself I decided to push forward. It was time for me not to be selfish and cry over spilled milk. I was going to enjoy every minute of life good or bad.

I think of it as alternative thinking. Set your mind free and think positively in the present, not the past or the future. Enjoy every minute of your life and your family. Just sit back and take it all in: the laughter, crying, happiness, the sweet of chatter, the pure joy that your children bring to you everyday, and yes, the arguing.

Having my children in my life is the best medicine. When I am sad they sure do put a smile on your face when they look at you with pure joy in their eyes. We all as a family live for the now and enjoy it to the fullest.

If I have only learned one thing in life it is not to take life for granted, but to make the most out of every opportunity. One day you are here and the next day you are not. Everyone should try to live their life to the fullest for at least one day. It will change a life forever, from thinking to acting. I believe in living life to the fullest everyday. It has changed my life. Could it change your life?