Rachel - Wylie, Texas

If I had to name one belief that was the core of all beliefs I have, it would have to be that everything happens for a reason. Every aspect of my life is weaved together by God.

In second grade a teenager named Amy moved in next door to me. She started babysitting my brothers and me on the weekends when my parents had dinner parties or late meetings. I thought of Amy as remarkable, and I decided I wanted to be exactly like her. Amy took dance classes at the studio down the street; therefore, I had my parents sign me up for dance classes. That small studio down the street turned into my favorite place in the world. One thought always lingers in my mind after performing: my gratefulness for Amy for introducing me to such a gift. Dancing is my passion, and I could not imagine that my life would be the same without it.

God plans every detail of our lives to fit together like a puzzle, only you cannot see the image on the front of the box. In my heart I know that if I keep putting the puzzle pieces together, one day I will know the picture that my life makes. I have no choice but to keep believing that everything that happens, good or bad, is meant to.

In numerous movies this principle gets put into action. A character forgets something, turns around to retrieve it, and in turn avoids a potentially dangerous situation. I feel God looks out for me this way. He takes little things, such as taking a second to tie my shoe, to guide me and help me to be at the right place at the right time.

This is why I wake up everyday and know that whatever happens does not occur merely because of bad luck or karma, but the string of events are meant to be placed in my life. Through my faith I know that God is watching out for me, and everything happens for a reason.