Ashley - PARK RIDGE, Illinois
Themes: setbacks

I was in high school and had 3 bestfriends. we were unseperable, we did everything together. one day one of the girl’s grandpa passes away and we knew she’d never be the same. she cried all the time no matter how much we comforted her. she slowly fell into a deep depression and ended up in the hospital for attempted suicide. now there was three of us on the outside and 1 on the inside. it felt weird that one of us was missing. the other three of us felt like we weren’t good friends. how had we let our friend fall so deep into depresion? it started to effect us more than any of us ever could have imagined. one by one we each started to slowly fall into depression. only two weeks after my frist friend entered the hospital i found myself sitting at a table with my three other friends, each of us with bandages on our wrists, but smiles our faces. we were all there because we were “depressed” but only one of us could tell you why she was depressed, but even she wasn’t as sad as you would have thought. we all laughed together just like we had before any of us ended up in the hospital. it was at this time i realized that depression is contagious. i believe depression is contagious.