Anonymous - lksdlskjdf, Florida Falkland Islands
Age Group: 65+

I believe in my relationship with friends.

My parents have always told me that friends don’t matter as much as family. They say that since family will always be with you, by blood, that it doesn’t matter if you have no friends because you always have family to turn back to.

Yeah, right. I would be absolutally no where without my friends. In the moment of complete and utter sadness just thinking of them makes me smile.

Living in an abusive family, life has not always been so easy. My dad and mom have always been strict when it comes to grades, and since my grades were never perfect, I tended to get hurt alot. All of those times I was lying in bed crying and asking myself why I even needed to be alive, I thought of them. My friends are my saviors.

I have not known them for that long. About two years ago we met, and have been inseperable ever since. We have been through the hard and the good, and have sworn friendship forever. They are sun in my cloudy days, the light at the end of a pitch black tunnel, the sprinkle of sugar in my medicine.

I believe in my friends.