Clay - Grand Junction, Colorado
Themes: children

I believe that we should live life like my 5 year old

I believe that we should live our lives like my 5 year old. We would wake up every morning with a huge smile on our face and greet everyone we see with a full arm wrap-around bear hug and tell them that we love them. We would not be worried about what the day would bring, but we would be excited about the unknown and all the new things that we will live and learn today. When we get dressed to start our day, we would wear exactly what we want to wear. It would not matter whether other people will think we look appropriate or whether we have worn the same shirt 3 days in a row, because it is our favorite shirt. And if we don’t get to choose our clothes for today, we will let someone know that we are not happy about it and we would express our opinion very clearly while we slowly put on clothes that we do not want to wear. Then, in almost a magically short period of time, we would once again be smiling and we would give the person that chose our clothes a hug and tell them that we love them. Now dressed, we would be ready to play with our friends as if there were no tomorrow. We would be willing to work as if it is going to matter forever, no matter how easy the task or how unimportant the results are to others. When we finally take time to eat, we would enjoy the food with as much love and satisfaction as if my 5-year-old had prepared it by herself for her 5-year-old best friend to enjoy. When we finish our school or work, we would play with all of our toys and go full speed to create every special moment possible. We would need to be a part of everyone’s plans around us because we know how special they are and we would not want to be without them for even a second. When it is finally time to slow down and get ready to rest, we would want to put on our comfy clothes and cuddle up with someone we love and know that we are loved as much as anyone in the world. And as we lay our head down on our pillow, we would know that we have given and received almost all the hugs we can for one day, but we would ask for one more hug to help us fall asleep. I believe that we should live our lives just as my 5-year-old and remember to pursue each and every day as if it could be the best day of our life, never wondering if we missed out on anything. And always ask for at least one more hug.