Kellen - Wylie, Texas

I believe in the power of procrastination because it can motivate people to move. When people think of procrastination they think of someone who is lazy. When I think of procrastination a picture comes to my mind of someone who does not have the time in a day to do everything he/ she need to do. Another picture that comes to my mind is of someone that takes a slower pace on life in order give to themselves time to do things the correct way.

If you use your time to go slow, you will see a lot of doors open up to you. If you go slower in life your eyes will open and time will unspool before you and will be in your control. You have a better chance at doing something without mistakes when you take your time, unlike if you were to do something immediately without thinking and make a bunch of mistakes. An example of what I mean is when you are driving in a car down a highway and you need to take an exit soon. You will not be able to make it to that exit if you are traveling 90, 95, 100 mph. you need to slow down and take your time in order to get a better opportunity to make that exit.

My mom always tells me that I shouldn’t wait until the last second to do something. Even though I took a long time to complete things I never waited to the last second to do something. When I am gradually working towards a project or whatever I take my time and make sure I do everything that I can to the best of my ability. Once again if you slow down and strategize the next move you make, it might carry you farther down the road in life. If you don’t take your time then sometimes a move you make could be a gamble for whatever you are trying to work for. It can get really frustrating if you have a deadline to meet in a job or for a project so you need to take the initiative to make an organized schedule of how to break down your time in order to get everything done.

I have made it really far in my band program by slowing down and examining every aspect of my ability to play music, and to decide how I should go along and work towards what instrument I want to play on. Band directors have told me to practice all the time but it just doesn’t work for me. If I break my schedule down and take my time just to practice what I don’t know and watch my superiors it takes me a lot farther in band. All I need to do is watch the upper classmen and mimic what they do in order to learn how to do something.

Once again I believe in the power of Procrastination because it lets you do things the way you want to do them and to have the time to do them in. I believe in the power of procrastination because it is a door that is open which leads to so many other doors that can be opened.