Jewel - Wylie, Texas

I believe that passion inspires the very pulse of human existence. Words have become my passion. Written words, spoken words, it makes no difference, I love words that fill the air or page with meaning, weaving a silvery web of brilliant expression.

From the very beginning I liked to read, as a child I consumed the precious books like a ravenous man gorging himself on a feast laid out before his starving eyes. I was the child who carried the pile of books to the counter taller than she. I enjoyed acquainting myself with the characters and accompanying them through their adventure in the book. Words became alive to me. I loved the way they described and informed, and captivated your interest. However, as I grew older, my tastes became more refined and I spent my free-time immersing myself in the richness of classic and contemporary literature. I reveled in the ecstasy reading gave me and it before long before I began to give elaborate, eloquent speeches expressing my opinion over the content of whatever book I was currently engaged in. My parents patiently endured me as I stood in the middle of the kitchen raving, ranting and inventing my own customized philosophy. I wanted to contribute something, and I wanted my voice to be heard. That was about the time I began to write. I suddenly wanted to do more than just read things; I wanted to write my own stuff to be read. I longed to create my own niche in the great wide world of literary masterpieces. I already had ideas sparking inside my eager and excited mind so I began to write them down; scribbling words onto papers and in notebooks, anything I could get my hands on when I felt the tingling inspiration of a new thought. Sometimes I would even resort to writing on my skin with ink for lack of resources. I loved to develop my ideas and polish each piece of work until it shone with the radiant light of satisfied achievement.

I believe that every person needs such a passion, a reason to animate the world, a field to excel in, and a love to devote himself to. Passion is exuberance, exhilaration, and excitement. If a man has no such love has he any reason to push through the taxing grind of a life lived between a man and his fellow conspirators? The love of anything and the ability to involve oneself in this interest is what defines passion. Beautiful words that radiate inspiration and meaning are mine; words that coax creativity out of my mind and enable me to fabricate stunning works of my own. I believe in the distinctly delightful yet potent power of passion.