Daniel - wylie, Texas

All my life, I have always heard people tell me, “Practice makes perfect,” and, “If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again.” I never truly believed either of them, I always thought, “Well some people are just good like that.” But a few months ago, I found practice really does make perfect when I learned to juggle.

I became interested in juggling when I saw this guy on the internet (David Sallee) juggling one day. And you know how it goes, thinking, “O that’s easy!” That is until you try it and realize just how hard it actually is. I do not know why, but I became quite determined to learn how to juggle.

So one day I just sat down and told myself that I was going to learn how to juggle. The more I tried, the more I began to enjoy it, and before long I was hooked on it. By the third day, I was still a little shaky, but I could juggle. It wasn’t easy, yet it wasn’t all that hard either, I just kept trying. Once I could juggle, everything else came extremely easy for me. I was learning new tricks left and right.

Though not to terribly long afterwards, I started running dry on my own little tricks. That is when I started to really get into watching the videos of people juggling online. And when I saw something I liked, I would work for hours, sometimes even days until I would finally get it down.

The more I juggled, the more I would get into it. And the more I learned, the more I realized just how much more stuff was out there that I could learn to do. It became, more or less, a never ending cycle that fueled my motivation and strived me to become a better juggler. Even now, there is still so much out there that I can learn to do, and all it is going to take is a little bit of motivation, and quite a bit of practice.