Bethany - Wylie, Texas

I believe in miracles. On December 25, 2006, my little sister, Claira, was diagnosed with Type One Diabetes, also known as requiring insulin in order to eat and drink. Michael Wilcutts, the doctor at Cook’s Children’s in Fort Worth, told my parents, “It’s a miracle that your daughter is still alive, nevertheless, not in a diabetic coma.” Dr. Wilcutts also mentioned that he’d seen recently deceased people with lower sugar levels than my sisters.

The hospital measured her sugar at over 600. Normally, an average person’s glucose level is from 70-120. The hospital put her on a respirator because she could not breathe on her own. When they released her from the hostpital, they told us that she needed to check her glucose (or blood sugar) level every two to three hours to see if she’s sky-rocketing high or too low.

Another belief I have is trusting the one’s you know love you. If you trust the one’s you know care for you then you will lead a much happier life overall. Before I started trusting some of my best friends, my life was terribly unhappy. But once I started trusting them, my life improved in an instant. I had more fun because I knew that I could confide in them my secrets. I saw the brighter side of life, got out more, stayed out of trouble, and so on and so forth. I don’t mean or want to sound like a preacher, but once you learn to trust those that love you, you do end up leading a happier life and setting an excellent example for younger people.

In conclusion, if you believe in miracles they happen just like with my baby sister. She had plenty of people praying for her back home and that helped more than you’ll ever know. If you trust your friends and you know they love you then you will lead a happier life, guaranteed.