Zak - Wylie, Texas

I believe that no matter how old you are, you will still act like a little kid. Inside you there is always going to be that thing, telling you to do something crazy just to have a little fun. Today I’m going to share with you, a perfect example of this, and it happened to involve me.

It was one, sunny Saturday; my mom was at work, my dad outside cleaning the garage. My sister was also there, she and I were watching T.V. My dad called my sister into the garage. She came back rather fast and came straight for me. She told me to go into the garage as she followed. As I walked out the door I saw a two by four sitting on a cinderblock like a see-saw. I also saw my dad standing there with a big grin on his face, like a kid in a candy shop. Apparently, he wanted to catapult me up in the air and catch me. After realizing that he had just asked my sister to do it and she said no, they decided to ask me, since I was young and vulnerable. So I stepped onto the end of the two by four near the grass, and my dad started walking to the end of our driveway. Then, he started running toward me, full speed. He jumped and landed on his end of the two by four. I went flying straight up in the air, higher than the house. All I remember was the look on my dads face on my way down. He was in shock. I smacked down on the driveway like a kid doing a belly flop into a pool. I don’t really remember a lot after that except sitting on the couch with my chin all scraped up and my dad getting me ice for it. I asked him why he didn’t catch me, like he told me he would. His answer was, “you went to high.” He told me not to tell my mom about what happened, but being five years old, that was the first thing that came out of my mouth when I saw her.

Now about ten years later, this whole incident is just a big laugh. There is just that thing in everyone that makes them do something childish. It’s that thing that makes you spend all day in a box, just to play a practical joke on someone, or tickle your kid till they pee their pants. No matter how old a person gets they will still have that little kid inside them, even if it means hurting their children.