chris - wylie, Texas

I believe you should choose your own path in life, whether being a doctor or playing in the MLS. What ever I choose in life I will pursue it to the fullest. As a kid I mostly played soccer because I loved the game. Then there were other people who played just to play. Well as time moved on fewer of my friends played soccer and moved to other “tougher” sports even though soccer is a physical game. What I saw and heard was unbelievable to me. Why would anyone quit such a great sport? A decision had to made in my life. A decision everyone makes in their life time at one point or another, whether it’s a good one or simply a bad one. Should I choose the path chosen only by few or choose the path many had already taken? Did I want to be like everyone else and pick a sport I wouldn’t truly enjoy? No I did not! I took the path only few had taken, where true happiness is found. My friends didn’t understand my choice. They ridiculed me for choosing an unpopular “weakling” sport. It does not matter what people try and tell me what is right and what is wrong. I am the only person who can take charge in my life. The decision of what not to love does not rest in other people’s hands. I am the only person who can decide which path in life to take. I stuck with soccer-the thing I have the most passion for. No one told me to play soccer, not even my parents. I wanted to play to play because I knew I wanted to pursue it in life. Criticism can come in any size, shape, or form but it takes a real man to stand up for what he believes. I believe to go far in life I truly need to believe in myself so that I will accomplish my goals. I am the one and only that can change my future for the best or even the worst. If you follow your beliefs, nothing can go wrong