Angel - Horizon, Texas

“I Believe”

I believe in God our saver Jesus Christ. God has helped me overcome obstacles in my daily life. I believe he’s given me the mental strength to go through school and succeed. This all happened because I accepted him in my heart. The lord has blessed me with many wonderful things. The lord gives you signs and many hints of how he wants you to live your life.

The biggest blessing that I got from him is my life. I remember the story where both my parents had HIV/AIDS, my father passed it to my mother, and from there I was born. People thought that I was supposed to have HIV but they ran so many tests on me that everything kept on coming out negative and people were wondering how he could not have it. Since I didn’t have it I figured that I was blessed by the lord, and that was a sign that I’m meant to live. The Lord has guided me through life, like how to go through good and bad times, deal with school, and learn how to live without a mother.

The Lord tried his best to provide me with at least some one who could substitute to be my parent, that one person is my brother’s dad, he took good care of me and I learned a lot from my dad: he taught me good from bad, how to be kind, how to live the life of a good person. I sure appreciate all that he taught me. Then my brother started to take care of me since my dad had financial problems. My brother does a lot for me, more than any brother should have to, and a great many of the things that I’m successful at come from him. But there are times were he can be a difficult type of parent, when he doesn’t want to take me places or he is easily frustrated and expects a lot from me, but I’m sure I’m teaching him how to be a parent and I hope that through me he learns.

I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ because he has blessed me with a life, and with wonderful people to guide me along the way. Some people don’t believe in him because they don’t have things their way, its not always about good things happening but its also about bad things, because through good and bad he teaches you valuable lessons in life that you learn from, that help you be a better person. You don’t have to hear him, he just shows you signs through people, actions, from every source of life he will show you how to live your life, everything that he shows you is for a good purpose. The lord is knocking on your door, so you have an option to either except him in your heart or not. This I believe.