Joshua - Portland, Oregon

I believe in trust, not because I am a sappy guy or because half the people who write these use the term trust. Last weekend I came to a crossroads were I had to decide what I wanted to do. Two girls have asked me to prom, I said yes to both but they did not know I had two dates. Then I made the mistake on telling my girlfriend, that I had another girl ask me. I said no. A lie. As the night went on she became curious and mad at the subject and went through my phone and found texts saying yes. She got pissed. She threatened our relationship which is the last thing in the in world that I would want to worry about, and now since she cannot trust me, I have to start back at square one in our relationship. I love my girl, to death. I would take a bullet for her. But I have disabled her trust towards me. And I can already see the difference in our conversations and when I am around her. Trust is a huge role to my relationship and many different aspects and moments in life. I have learned my lesson and wish I would have never misled my trust in the first place. Besides my relationship, we t rust in a lot of things. Our mail, expiration dates, doctors, our food, medicine, checks, if their was no trust in this world people would be fending for themselves fighting lies left and right, betrayal, misled friendship, and a lot of other things. I could go on forever. This would be a world fending for itself. Always arguing over who or what is right. There would be endless negative outcomes if trust did not exist. You wouldn’t be able to take your moms car or go to a party. Everything would be altered. It would suck. White lies are no exception. I find the best way to tell someone the truth is through how you say your words. And I think that’s why many people say choose your words wisely before you say them. No matter what I have learned that trust is a very valuable component in life that is best to have on your side like Jesus. I believe in my friends, my relationship, my parents, my mail man, my bank account, and my local grocers. I rely on them in my life. And that’s why my life needs trust. This I believe.