Bill - Barrington

I really feel for the poor fellow that wrote this article. It personifies the same excuses that man has been using ever since the fall in the Garden of Eden. It’s not enough for some folks to admit that God is the creator of all, came down to earth and died for all of our sins and has enabled us all to join Him in heaven. It’s considered kind of avant garde to sort of create your own God as this guy has. Worshipping the real God and following His commandments would be too much trouble for some so they make up their own “God.”

To say that God never tweaks the laws of nature is absurd and shows Nunan is not applying his scientific knowledge. More and more scientists are trusting Christ every day as they study His creation. We’re talking about top prize winning scientists. archaeologists, etc. I’m would think that that Nunan is aware that no one has the slightest idea what holds atoms together. According to Nunan’s “laws of nature” everything in the universe should be flying apart as there is no known force holding atoms together. Is Nunan aware that the founder of carbon dating Willard Frank Libby also told us in his notes that many random uncontrollable factors can seriously effect its accuracy and further more it could not measure anything older than about 23,000 years because of its half life limitations? Is he aware that radio isotope dating cannot be used unless you factor in the approximate age of the specimen first?

To say that the all knowing God does not know the future is equally absurd.and shows Nunan has never studied scriptures. Hundreds of prophecies in the Bible have already come true. I’m sure that Mr. Nunan is not aware that Christ’s birth was forecast to not only to be in Bethlehem but Bethlehem Ephratah a tiny suburb of Bethlehem with only a few hundred people. His crucifixion was forecast before crucifixions were ever even heard of. So many prophecies have come true that non believers used to say that despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary the Messianic prophecies in the Bible were written after the events actually happened. But the Dead Sea scrolls of course disproved that as all scientists and language experts agree that they were written about 200 B.C.

God “allows” evil to occur because we are all living under the curse brought about by Adam & Eve’s disobedience and than denial to God. God never wanted us to even know evil.

Sorry Nunan God does know who’s going to win that basketball game and if He wants to change the outcome He will.

Let’s use a chair as an example that it takes a greater leap of faith to believe in random science than to believe in God.

Let’s see. In the beginning the universe was the size of a grapefruit. It used to be a pinhead but scientists have changed that now. OK the size of a grapefruit (huh?-think about that for a second-that’s not even remotely possible) well who made the grapefruit? But I digress with common sense-sorry. Than the grapefruit size super mass exploded and made many stars and planets so many that they can’t be counted (I’m having trouble not crying on the keyboard I’m laughing so hard) Well anyway our planet formed water, than oceans, than an atmosphere before life (impossible) than lightning hit the ocean and made a cell. The cells grew into fish, the fish crawled out of the water and became a monkey. And the monkey evolved (incidentally nothing has ever evolved into anything. It’s been proven in so many ways to be genetically and physically impossible. That’s why there are no “missing links” heck they’d be walking around now if things were evolving) Darn it! There goes that common sense and scientific facts again! Anyway the monkey evolved into a chair!

Wait! You’re calling me an idiot because a monkey could never evolve into a chair! Well the evolutionists expect me to believe the monkey evolved into man which is millions of times more complicated than a man.

Science eliminates the need for a Creator? Poor Nunan. God has an exact plan for us but unfortunately Nunan the way he’s going is not part of it.

To sum up no matter what religion you are you can be ASSURED of going to heaven if you’ll just stop and pray the following to God and mean it.

-Christ died for all of my sins past, present and future. (John 3:16)

-good works won’t get me there (Ephesians 2:8-9)

-now that I’m saved I can never lose my salvation (John 10:28-29)

I feel so strongly about the above that I just looked up NPR’s website where Nunan’s article appeared and am submitting my reply to him through them. Hopefully he will consider it. I would like to see Bill Nunan in heaven also.