Damaris - Monroe, North Carolina

This I believe

I believe in God, and the reason why I believe this is because it comes from my heart. Since I was born, I was taught to believe in God. I grew up having this idea in my mind and now that I can have my own opinions and my own experiences, I still believe in Him and there is no way that I change this conviction.

One of the things that have strengthened my belief is the Bible. It tells me many things about God. It is incredible how more than forty people wrote the Bible and still has the same thought. All the authors agree in all the major point. I can find more than 300 prophecies in the Old Testament about Jesus Christ that were fulfilled in the New Testament. That’s why I believe what the Bible says.

Another influence that I have had to believe in God is my father. He knows much more about God than me, and he has his own experiences that makes him sure of what he believes. When I have some questions, he has the patience to explain those things that are hard for me to understand.

Finally, the most important is my own experience. I believe in God because He is part of my life. Even if I can’t see Him, I know that he exists, and it is because that is what I feel. I am very convinced of this because he has been with me when I really needed him. It is hard to explain how I have felt Him, but I know it was He. God is the only one that knows me very well, and everything I am, everything I know, and everything I have is because of him. All my life depends on God because he created me.

For these reasons, no one can change my faith no matter what they tell me. I believe in God because it comes from my heart.