danielle - dayton, Ohio

I will be talking about social justice and poverty. In my opinion poverty is not just a lifestyle but it is also generational. Many families who live in poverty sometimes generations after them remain in poverty and my question is what are we doing as a society to discontinue this ongoing process for people? I hear many say, those who are living in poverty are lazy and do not want to work. I disagree, yes it is true there are people like that but when those who make the rules for social services believe the stereotype that they have heard for years. Is it fair, absolutely not, and we as a society are presenting social injustice. Social justice is what we need to be preaching not looking down and judging others for what they don’t have and what we do. This is not the way a society can function. We must stick together to uplift people and help them out of there slumps. In our society passing judgement is so common it is ridiculous. I wonder how those out there would feel if the shoe was on the other foot and they were struggling everyday. The situation is not easy and it is especially not easy when you are the person struggling, to have to listen to those comments. It hurts.