Lauren - West Chester, Pennsylvania

I believe in my high heels. These shoes are more than just articles of clothing or accessory that you wear to protect the soles of your feet. They are more than just things you put on to run, or to match a particular outfit. They are truly life changing.

For example, take my bright red paten-leather peep toe sling backs. This may sound foreign to a non-shoe-lover, but to me they are vibrant words of beauty. I just got goose bumps. My red patent leather peep toes not only elegantly add flare to an outfit; they give me a sophisticated yet slightly sexy confidence. I am empowered to take hold of my femininity and succeed.

Or there’s, my black Manolo Blahniks that provide me with the poise and self-assurance to strut into my job interview with my head held high. Sure, I could attribute my smooth talking interview skills to my personal people person attitude or my years of experience. But that would just be blasphemous. Without the streaming sense of ecstasy that pours from my pumps; I don’t know if I could be as cool calm and collected.

But that’s not all. I believe in my hot pink tweed stilettos that sit on the top shelf of my shoe rack glowing with a radiant shine. I haven’t worn them, and in all honestly I do not plan to. I am not worthy of the sassy and feisty aura that comes with these pink pieces of heaven. Maybe when I’m more of single-20 something New York City Public Relations representative, or maybe when I want to relive my 20’s when I’m in my late 30’s. I can be like Carrie Bradshaw and live vicariously through my pink tweed stilettos.

My shoes mark the seasons as well. When summer approaches, I need to recruit some beach and boardwalk wearing heels. Not just any old flip flops, no, never. I need the perfect, pure white wedges that slip on so effortlessly that you feel as though they never left your feet. My Juicy Couture white wedges with the criss-cross straps that fit perfectly over the front give me the height to stomp down the boardwalk as if I were a model walking the runway in Milan. But they also show my French manicure just enough to demonstrate that I am dainty, graceful and refined.

It may seem shallow to some, or vain to others. But to me, high-heels are more than frivolous vanity. They are a part of me. They provide me the inspiration to live in each moment to fullest. Without high heels, I would not be able to fully describe and express who I am, and for that reason: This I believe.