Patricia - Saint Louis, Missouri
Themes: hope

Once upon a time about 50 years ago which is, as you know, a whole half century ago, a baby girl was born to a pair of typical parents. What changed the typical girl at age 10 was a heart condition that should have killed her. Miraculously, the girl survived. She grew stronger and stronger and was granted more than 15,000 days to learn the truth about life: every day is a miracle and an opportunity to survive any problem that presents itself.

Each day is a miracle and gives cause to celebrate. Each day may not seem life-changing or soul-shattering, but every day contains a crossroad. Crossroads may not be evident at the time. But when you look back over the roads you traveled and the decisions you made at the time, you will better understand how your choices affected all of your tomorrows.

Your tomorrows are neither predictable nor precise; they don’t always work out the way you may expect or want. From time to time, you may feel discouraged or disappointed. But your tomorrows belong to you, no one else. The sum total of your tomorrows-your experiences, your successes, your disappointments-mold you into the person who you become.

How you prevail or exist are choices you alone can make. They may be conscious or subconscious choices. Ending your life is wasteful and serves no purpose. Living is truly a gift. Anticipating the gift helps you to look forward to tomorrow. The gift is coming, we think. What will it contain, we wonder? As dark as today may appear, your spirit is renewed by the gift of the morning light.

Start again.

A miracle.

This I believe.