Zpiphinie - Covington, Washington

This I Believe…

A famous moralist once said, “There are three stages in a person’s life, birth, their life and death. They are not conscious of birth, submit to death, and forget to live.” Jean de la Bruyère. So why is this? Let me start off by saying what the definition of birth is, an act or instance of being born. Of course while you are inside of your mother’s womb you are not conscious of what you are going to do with your life, will you make the right choices, will you make the most out of what you are given in life and use that to your advantage, you just don’t know yet.

Now for the definition of living, The power of continuing life; the act of living, or living comfortably. So I must ask myself, am I really living, or am I just passing time? I beilieve that I am trying to make the most out of what I have been given in this life, but sometimes it just becomes too overwhelming. It is not enough to just breathe, I mean sure your body may be functioning but is that all?

And now to the definition of death; the end of life; the total and permanent cessation of all the vital functions of an organism, and that’s enough said.

One day we all are going to die, that’s just reality. We as humans, we know this, but we choose not to fully look into what this means. I know that I do not think about this very often, but I do realize that it is our fate and unlike some things that we can take control of such as our life, we can do nothing about this, there’s no putting it off like an assignment, it’s fate. As for me, I am going to make the best out of my life and use everything that I have been given to my advantage. I refuse to fall into the category of another person who has lived a life ill spent, and why would I want to? Why should I do this when I have all of the chances in the world to make something of myself and leave my mark upon this world. I see people everyday on the streets doing nothing with their lives. Not only adults, but kids, teens too.

There is nothing wrong with having a lot of fun, you should want to enjoy your life to the fullest, but at the same time you should also want to use your talents and the skills that you have to succeed in life. It makes me so upset when I see people wasting their lives away for something so petty, so pointless, so idiotic as drugs and the biggest mental sickness of all, laziness. I know that I won’t fall victim to a wasted life no matter what obstacles may come into my way. I may not succeed all the time and may make a lot of mistakes along the way, but I will try my best when I do it and make the most out of it and try to have fun. Because after all, you only live once, right?