Jeffrey - Altamonte Springs, Florida

Almost every day I listen to the radio or watch a bit of television, my heart continually breaks with sorrow for others whose lives are almost instantly changed with events that are completely out of their control. Every day, we see lives shattered from violence, war, poverty, hatred, natural disasters and so much more.

As with millions of others, my heart is completely broken right now with the events at Virginia Tech. Like most, I just simply cannot fathom how something like this can happen. I’m more than confident that those who lost their lives are in a much better place than this world, it’s the ones they left behind that my heart breaks for.

A number of years ago I wrote a song called “Apropos” after reading about a couple of teenage kids who lost their lives in a card accident where there was no alcohol or high speed involved. It was simply a freak accident. Again my heart was, and still is, broken for their parents, their siblings, and those that love them dearly.

The lyrics for Apropos are “appropriate”, as we will see our loved ones again, if we believe we will:

We found out why in an instant that day

What makes this world go round in every way

You must go on with a heavy heart

No time to tell, like it or not

Weep no more tonight

Open your heart and turn toward the light

In the glow

You’ll come to know

We’re here with you

And we we’ll grow, Apropos, Apropos…

The door was open and we walked right in

There was no need to test our acumen

We found others with golden essence

Who warmed our souls while in their presence

But you won’t understand in the state you’re in

Feel more of us; turn your dream within,

To be….

Led on a mission

To sheer submission

Where interim condition

With additional addition

Without extradition

Comes to fruition

I know it’s hard, try to be strong

You’ll hold us soon, it won’t be long

We’ll say hello

In a karmic world

Where there is no sorrow

Apropos, Apropos…

None of us know what happens when we die, but I choose to believe every day that I will be with the ones that I love so dearly, for eternity. I believe that my thoughts can compound reality and my dreams will come true when I pass on as well, but only if I believe.

I know today there are tens of thousands of people in this country who are grieving the loss of their loved ones, especially at Virginia Tech. But I know their hopes and dreams will come true someday and they will live in paradise with those who left this world last week in that unimaginable incident.

I continue to pray for them along side tens of millions of others, it’s just seems apropos at this time.