Scott - Kansas City, Missouri
Themes: environment

Fall

One year is made up of four seasons: Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall. Fall is a combination of all four. In the fall it can be hot outside, it can snow, and it can be cool. Just like summer, winter, and spring. Fall is the best season of the year. This I believe.

Fall is best known for leaves. Leaves? Yes, leaves. It’s the time of year when the leaves on the trees change from green to a vibrant shades of orange and yellow. After they fall you get to rake them all up into huge blazing piles of orange and yellow. Only to jump in them and rake them up again. I can always tell its fall when I’m walking down the sidewalk and as the wind blows I can hear the rustling of leaves. Then I’ll look down to watch them tumble past my feet.

I know it‘s hunting season once all the leave have fallen of the trees. I can hunt throughout the year, but deer season is only in the fall. When I think of deer hunting I think of family, friends, and all the times I’m sitting in a tree for hours at a time in cool fall weather with just me and nature. I first went with my uncle when I was in the seventh grade. I’ve gone every season since then. Every year my brother, my uncles, my cousins, and my grandpa, gather at my grandpa’s farm to go deer hunting. Everyone wakes up at five in the morning and eats breakfast before heading out. As I step out the door I’m reminded by the frost on the ground that it’s around thirty degrees outside. So I zip my coat up a little more. We sit out in our deer stands for hours at a time just enjoying the sights and sounds of nature. Eventually we all end up meeting for lunch and help out on the farm, but before long we’re all back out in the woods hunting again. Those two weeks in November are my favorite time of year. In my opinion they should me a national holiday. That’s just me though.

If I’m not out hunting during the fall you can find me watching football. I can’t say fall and not think football. Every fall football season begins. Millions of people nation wide tune it to televisions, radios, or even attend football games. When most people think football, they think NFL, but to me it means high school football. High School football season is the one time of year students are encouraged by teachers to scream their lungs out. It’s the long drives with all your friends to watch the game. It’s when Park Hill beats Park Hill South. If you can’t relate to high school football you can always relate to football on Thanksgiving. It’s a tradition for my family and other families all across the United States to stuff yourself full of turkey and then fall asleep watching one of the annual NFL games on television.

Fall means something different to everyone. To me it’s the changing colors of the leaves, raking them up after they fall, watching football, and being in the outdoors with family and friends. No matter how long I live it’s always going to be there. Fall the best of four seasons. This I believe.