shelby - portland, Oregon
Themes: love

Gay marriage

I believe in gay marriage. Marriage is about the bonding of two people who love each other. So I don’t see why it’s such a big deal if a boy wants to marry a boy or a girl wants to marry a girl? Marriage is about being happy with the person you love. Boy or girl it doesn’t matter. Love is Love!

I believe that everyone should do what and who they want when they want, as long as no one gets hurt in the process. I think its dumb that when a gay couple wants to go out to dinner they get pointed at and stared at just because they are with the same sex. I also hate how gay couples have to hear rude, ignorant, hurtful comments chanted at them while they are just walking down the street. But the worst of all is being gay bashed like Matt Shepherd, or Brandon Teena. It is a terrible thing, they got killed all just because of there appearance and they way they choose to live there life!

I believe in gay marriage because most of society disagrees with it. You’re not supposed to care what other people think about you and the person you are with or love. You’re supposed to be different, be an individual. Isn’t that America? Don’t follow in your mom’s or dad’s footsteps, do what you want to do. Find your own path and claim it.

People are who they are; gay, straight, it doesn’t matter and marriage is a ceremony for the couple, no one else. Even in the olden days marriage was just about public acknowledgment of your union with someone.

I believe in gay marriage because if your partner is in the hospital you should be able to visit them and have familial rights and privileges like every other family. Also if a gay couple has children that attend school, there can be many obstacles of acceptance and protection. The state also won’t give both parents in a gay relationship right’s to their own children. But if the state would just let gays get married, then we would protect children as well as same sex couples!

Gays would be able to get a tax deduction and heath care; we would get benefits and money for retirement. It would just make it so much easier if gays could marry and if we were treated equal!

I believe in gay marriage because getting married should be something everyone can do. No one should get excluded from that right! It’s not fair that gays get singled out just because of how they choose to live their life. It’s like people are saying gays can’t love and shouldn’t be together. Being gay is a choice, and if it makes you happy, that’s all that matters. That’s why I believe in gay marriage.