John - monroe, North Carolina
Themes: sports

This I Believe in Fishing

I believe in fishing. I picked it up when I was a small child and have been an avid fisherman ever since. I believe that fishing is a relaxing sport, for me and it was something I had to learn on my own and with my fathers help. I had to teach myself to be patient and be a listener. I believe if it was meant to be I would be a fisherman and that would be my job. I like the relaxing part of it and I could stay on the lake and be in my own little world. It is so peaceful to, and I can be fishing and look up and watch the stars in the sky at night when I am fishing and see myself up there. I always use to go down to Lake Tillery when I was growing up and fish to. I would like to go there and fish the different ponds. I would not go fishing when they were muddy because I would not catch any thing. When we lived in Virginia I would go with my dad fishing at the coast and I would have fun fishing because I would catch the fish and we would eat them right out of the water after we cooked them. I had a childhood that at times was filled with other things to besides fishing. I believe fishing is a spring day on a boat and sitting still and catching all the fish that you want to. Also I like sitting and watching the other people fish because they are funny at the way they act at catching the fish they catch. Several years ago I went fishing with a friend and we went to South Carolina and we went fishing at his mother in laws and we caught several bass but we did not keep them and that was a enjoyment for me because I didn’t get to go that often because I was working. There was this one time I went with another friend and it was real cold and we still went fishing anyway and we caught catfish and we kept some of them but we returned a lot of them to. I believe my father was my mentor for fishing and we would go all the time at the lake and now we don’t go that often any more. It is because we lost interest in going down there. Now I just go fishing at the farm and whenever I can go fishing. But I like going down to the pond at the farm because I like being around the horses and I get to relax and think about different things. In conclusion I believe fishing is the best hobby to have, and it is because it is fun and relaxing.